Saturday, December 21, 2013

Killing Brian Griffin on Family Guy

I'm sure that by now, most of you have heard that, the family dog, Brian Griffin, from the popular TV show, Family Guy, died. I for one,watched the episode the night it premiered, and like many people, was extremely out raged. Brian wasn't just any cartoon dog. He was a warm hearted, funny member of the Griffin family for 14 years. He brought many exiting episodes to me, and my family. I can’t wrap my head around why they decided to kill Brian. After all, we have seen him come close to death so many times, but never thought he’d actually die.  It’s just a cartoon. When cutting out a character, it would make more sense to kill off a character that has no real importance, like when they got rid of Cleveland Brown a few years ago. Rather than kill Brian, the character who gave so much to the show, like his fun adventure episodes with Stevie, or the very funny bar episodes with Peter, Joe and, Guigmir, or the episodes where we laugh at Brian’s secret crush for Louis. The chemistry with Brian and the other main characters was too good to disrupt.  The Family Guy writer must be crazy to throw it all  away. Even worse, the Griffin family went ahead a got a new dog called Vinny. This really frustrated me. Replacing something great with something new and unknown really sucks.  Fourteen years of memories, and now no Brian. I wouldn't be surprised if Family Guys TV ratings start to go down because Brian is gone.  The writer will need to be creative if he wants to bring him back. If they bring him back I, like many people would be a happier Family Guy fan but if they don't. I guess I will have to put with Vinny.



5 comments:

  1. i was pretty surprised to see that family guy ended the life of brian, i loved brian thourough the show but hopefully they said they were going to bring him back! stewie is going to use the time machine to bring him back but not at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty happy Seth Macfarlane tweeted saying they'd be out of their mind to kill off a character like Brian, so that gives me hope that they'll bring him back. If they have already brought him back I wouldn't know, because i don't watch as much TV as I used because of school and such.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog attracted my attention so much just by reading the tittle, because Family Guy was my favorite show! But since I don't have any time I haven't been watching it lately... This blog was really informing and touched my heart very much because Brian was my favorite character. I agree 100 % with you because I never thought they would actually kill off Brian after all the times he was close to die. I don't only feel that their family is incomplete but also the title family guy is incomplete. It's like their missing a very important part of their family and the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I was pretty annoyed about this, because he was the voice of reason the one who kind of kept the family somewhat together. If i had to choose I would of kicked off Mag with no hesitation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Meg....everyone hates Meg. As far as Brian goes, I was pretty surprised and didn't think it could possibly be permanent. Sure enough, it was all a big joke and Stewie goes back in time to save him a few episodes later.

      Delete